About me...
My name is Jonas Lawrence Cockson. I am a student of the College of Education at the University of South Alabama (both the main campus in Mobile and the Baldwin County campus). My declared major is in Secondary English Education. Once I have received my bachelor's degree from the University of South Alabama, I plan to attend the University of Southern Mississippi ( in Hattiesburg, Miss.) to work toward a master's degree in TESOL (teaching English as a second language). My ultimate goal is to teach the English to students residing in a Third World nation -- such as Africa. I feel that the need for global education far surpasses the desire to teach within one's homeland. I also feel that by teaching in a Third World country, I will have the ability to expose and immerse myself in cultures other than my own -- thereby giving me the ability to see and convey information, ideas, and practices from a different perspective, rather than a singular one (especially to students from a different cultural background than my own). With this in mind, I feel that the profession I have chosen for myself is a perfect fit for my abilities and motivations.

The Dawn of a New Educational Frontier

We, as future teachers and educational pioneers, are a part of the beginning of a new educational standard for excellence and quality for future students across the globe. By being a part of this new beginning, each of us shares a responsibility to give each of our future students the appropriate tools, motivation, and knowledge they need to succeed beyond the world of academia. By using the latest educational tools and resources, teachers and educators can provide students with even more and better ways of learning (that meet with the approval of the standard curriculum). As a result of these types of learning, students will become more focused and motivated toward their studies (especially when they can relate to them by using hands on applications - to include field trips, outdoor projects, and other scholastically supported activities). More importantly, knowledge will no longer rely on the confines of a textbook. The conveyance of information will become reliant on the practicality and omnipresence of technology and its relative components.

As a future teacher, I not only want to share in this educational responsibility - I would like educate other teachers on the endless educational possibilities and opportunities that can be attained by accepting such a responsibility. Through the use of integrated education and technology, I can accomplish both...